Specially Designed Costumes!
Fabulous costumes for the performances are currently being designed by Kinetika and students of South Essex College on the Costume Construction Degree, based at High House Production Park.
The characters of the show with specially designed and constructed costumes are:
- Il Dottore as William Green – the lead character in “The Forger’s Tale”, played by Sarah
- Flavio as Tomas Bata the lead character in “The Cobbler’s Tale”, played by Alex
- Pantalone as Edwin Cash, the lead character in “Cash’s Well”, played by Tom
- Il Capitano as the Copper, the lead character in “The Copper’s Tale”, played by Jordan
Other costumes will be adapted for the following characters:
- Colombina played by Ruby
- Isabella as Lillian Green (Forger’s Tale) and Anna Bata (Cobbler’s Tale), played by Rachael
- Pulcinella and Arlecchino, played by Bernadette
Costume credits and thanks go to the following students of South Essex College:
Jackie Creasey, Sheena Moore, Sue Pateman, Evie Spray
Supported by Rachel Young, Lou Cox, Joanne Mitchell, Ali Pretty and Edwina Rigby
The Costume Construction course Leader, Rachel Young, explains what is means for the students to work on a live production:
“Collaboration and working with professional companies is key for students to understand the real pressures and the excitement of working with performers, directors and the pressure of making costumes for an outside show. Students have studied the background and interpretation of the Thurrock 100 Tales and their design interpretations will be produced by them using the expertise gained through the first 2 years of their degree studies. Students are excited to create a final product based on the interesting and sometimes odd stories originating from Thurrock and the areas that they study within”