We are keen to hear from you if you can help with:
- Leading a walk
- Collecting of materials to make mandalas
- Especially anyone who grows their own produce within 15 miles of Purfleet
- Creative people to help make the mandalas
To find out more come to our next volunteer meeting:
12th March 2-5pm at the Kinetika Studios, Purfleet.
The theme this year is T100 Calling which is a call to action in response to the climate emergency and an opportunity for communities across Thurrock and Southend to make change in their local area.
A key element of this year’s festival will be the beautiful site-specific mandalas created from specially collected items.
Kinetika will welcome visiting artist Therese Muskus to lead the design and making of the mandalas, but to make them as spectacular as possible we are asking local people for their help, both in collecting materials and also to take part in the mandala-making alongside Therese.
Key dates are below which will be linked together with the walking programme.
Sunday 5 July Launch event
- Mandala materials: Local produce
We will be celebrating sustainable communities during a special event featuring a giant mandala made from local produce grown within a 15 mile radius of Purfleet
Saturday 11 July Grays
- Mandala materials: Plastic
We are working with Thames 21 local volunteers to collect plastic items from the River Thames that will be transformed into a beautiful mandala.
Sunday 12 July Little Belhus Country Park
- Mandala materials: Old bricks & ceramics
Working with Rural Arisings on the creation of a new insect habitat in a mandala made from recycled bricks, rubble and broken down ceramics.
Saturday 18 July Tilbury Beach
- Mandala materials: Ceramics and other foreshore gems.
Claiming community space with a glistening mandala made from ceramics and other gems collected on the foreshore.
Sunday 19 July Shoeburyness Beach
- Mandala materials: natural materials e.g. flowers, cockle shells.
A natural mandala of flowers, shells and pebbles with local communities coming together to celebrate diversity.
We can’t do it without you, so please get in touch to let us know you’d like to join in, the next meeting date is below. The next meeting date for volunteers is:
- 12th March 2020 2pm – 5pm at Kinetika Studios, address below.
Further dates will be published here once confirmed.
- Kinetika Studio, 119 Artists’ Studios, High House Production Park, Artisan Way, Off Purfleet Bypass, Purfleet, Essex RM19 1AS
Download: Directions to Kinetika
There will be meetings at other venues too, so please check before travelling.
Project Coordinator Katie Beadle: email@example.com
To get all the latest Thurrock 100 news delivered straight to your inbox, sign up to the newsletter: