Would you like to help complete our giant TILBURY DOCKER PUPPET?
When: Mon 4th June, Tues 5th June, Thurs 7th June
Where: Kinetika’s Studios at High House Production Park in Purfleet. (Studio 002, Artists’ Studios, High House Production Park, Artisan Way, Off Purfleet Bypass, Purfleet, Essex RM19 1AS)
Local artists and art students are invited to work with top puppet maker Tony Mason to complete a new, 4m tall, Tilbury-inspired carnival puppet.
This is a rare opportunity to work with Tony and learn about large scale puppet construction first hand. You will also be taking part in an exciting local project reviving the Tilbury carnival.
We are looking for:
- 4 people interested in puppet making (any level of skills)
The puppet is already under construction and is looking fantastic, come and help finish this amazing build!
The completed puppet will be performed for the first time at the Windrush Day celebrations at the Tilbury Cruise Terminal on Fri 22nd June. It will also appear at the Tilbury Port Open Day and the Lord Mayor’s Show.
The puppet was designed in collaboration with the Gateway Academy pupils and BA students at the Royal Opera House Bob and Tamar Manoukian Production Workshop and Costume Centre in Purfleet.
This is a voluntary opportunity, travel expenses are available.
Please contact Michaela Freeman on email@example.com for more details and to express your interest.
Dates for the diary:-
- 4, 6, 7 June 2018 Participants help finish puppet construction
- 22 June 2018 – Puppet will make first appearance at the Windrush 70th anniversary celebration at Tilbury Cruise Terminal
- 14 July 2018 – Puppet to appear at intu Lakeside during Thurrock 100 walking festival
- 21 July 2018 – Puppet to appear at the Tilbury Port Open Day