T100 2019 – Welcome to the Kitchen Table 5-21 July
Building on T100 Recipes 2018, we will continue the theme of learning about each other, our stories and our heritage through sharing food and recipes.
Starting and ending in Thurrock, the festival ‘T100 2019 – Welcome to the Kitchen Table’ will take place between 5th and 21st July and will be offered as both a continual walk and a series of 15 walks from Purfleet to Southend, Sheppy to Gravesend, with daily Kitchen Table events and culminating in a finale at Tilbury Cruise Terminal. A programme of creative community workshops in March and June 2019 will produce bespoke tablecloths, Kitchen Table products and a T100 Recipe Book.
We are in the very early stages of planning, but wanted to share how the programme for 2019 is shaping up. Things might change, but currently the proposed dates and locations are below.
Anyone interested in reccying and leading a walk during the festival is invited to an initial meeting on Tues 20th November at 2pm at the Kinetika Office, 119 Artists’ Studios, High House Production Park, Off Pufleet Bypass, Purfleet RM19 1AS.
Please email email@example.com to register your interest or ask any questions if you want to find out more first!
Thurrock 100 2019 – Welcome to the Kitchen Table
Proposed dates and locations
- Friday 5th July – Launch event in Grays with TICC (Thurrock International Celebration of Culture).
- Sunday 7th July – Kitchen Table event to start the walk from High House to Grays.
- Monday 8th – Thurrock walk Grays/ Mardyke Way to Chafford Gorge
- Tuesday 9th – Thurrock walk the Gorges and end up in Lakeside
- Wed 10th – Thurrock walk – Chadwell St.Mary/West Thurrock
- Thurs 11th – Thurrock walk East Tilbury/Thameside Nature reserve/DP World London Gateway
- Friday 12th – Canvey walk – Kitchen Table event on Canvey Island with live music
- Saturday 13th July – Southend walk – Hadleigh castle to Leigh or Chalkwell.
- Sunday 14th July – Kitchen Table event in Southend.
- Monday 15th – Isle of Sheppy walk (tbc)
- Tuesday 16th – Isle of Grain walk (tbc)
- Wednesday 17th – Hoo Peninsula walk (tbc)
- Thursday 18th – Faversham walk (tbc)
- Friday 19th – Gravesend walk (tbc)
- Saturday 20th – Gravesend Kitchen Table event.
- Sunday 21st – Finale at Tilbury Cruise Terminal including a Kitchen Table event, with community feast and Tilbury Carnival.
To get all the latest Thurrock 100 news delivered straight to your inbox, sign up to the newsletter: