T100 2019 – Welcome to the Kitchen Table 5-21 July
Building on T100 Recipes 2018, we will continue the theme of learning about each other, our stories and our heritage through sharing food and recipes.
Starting and ending in Thurrock, the festival ‘T100 2019 – Welcome to the Kitchen Table’ will take place between 5th and 21st July and will be offered as both a continual walk and a series of 15 walks from Purfleet to Southend, Sheppy to Gravesend, with daily Kitchen Table events and culminating in a finale at Tilbury Cruise Terminal. A programme of creative community workshops in March and June 2019 will produce bespoke tablecloths, Kitchen Table products and a T100 Recipe Book.
We are in the very early stages of planning, but wanted to share how the programme for 2019 is shaping up. Things might change, but currently the proposed dates and locations are below.
Call out for volunteer walk leaders
Help with all routes is welcome, but in particular the new stretch in North Kent from Sheppey to Gravesend. Can you help lead the way and show our walkers some of the fascinating points of interest en route?
We are very interested in finding walk leaders for walk routes around the Isle of Sheppey, Isle of Grain, Hoo Peninsula, and Faversham. Walk dates for these locations are 15-18 July (see breakdown below).
*North Kent Walk Leader meeting 22 Jan 2-5pm.*
Venue: Ideas Test 34 High Street, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 4PB
This is a meeting for interested groups and individuals where you can find out what T100 and leading walks is all about, and ask any questions.
NB: There’s s no parking at the venue but we have a map of local car parks and directions from the train station we can send attendees. Please contact Jo Beal – email below.
To ask questions and tell us you may want to pop along, please email:
Thurrock 100 2019 – Welcome to the Kitchen Table
Proposed dates and locations (subject to change)
- Friday 5th July – Launch event in Grays with TICC (Thurrock International Celebration of Culture).
- Sunday 7th July – Kitchen Table event to start the walk from High House to Grays.
- Monday 8th July – Thurrock walk Grays/ Mardyke Way to Chafford Gorge
- Tuesday 9th July – Thurrock walk the Gorges and end up in Lakeside
- Wed 10th July – Thurrock walk – Chadwell St.Mary/West Thurrock
- Thurs 11th July – Thurrock walk East Tilbury/Thameside Nature reserve/DP World London Gateway
- Friday 12th July – Canvey walk – Kitchen Table event on Canvey Island with live music
- Saturday 13th July – Southend walk – Hadleigh castle to Leigh or Chalkwell.
- Sunday 14th July – Kitchen Table event in Southend.
- Monday 15th July- Isle of Sheppey walk (tbc) (Walk Leader still needed – can you help?)
- Tuesday 16th July – Isle of Grain walk (tbc) (Walk Leader still needed – can you help?)
- Wednesday 17th July – Hoo Peninsula walk (tbc) (Walk Leader still needed – can you help?)
- Thursday 18th July – Faversham walk (tbc) (Walk Leader still needed – can you help?)
- Friday 19th July – Gravesend walk and Kitchen Table event tbc
- Saturday 20th July –Tilbury walk and Finale at Tilbury Cruise Terminal inc. Kitchen Table event with community feast and Tilbury Carnival.
To get all the latest Thurrock 100 news delivered straight to your inbox, sign up to the newsletter: