Save the date, tell your friends! T100 Calling is 5 – 19 July 2020
T100 Calling is a call to action in response to the climate emergency, a chance for communities to make changes to their local area and to creatively imagine their future.
Details of the walking and creative programme will be announced in the coming months, however we can reveal we will be making a series of beautiful mandalas!
These are the key dates, and there will be a walking programme during the weeks that links them together.
- Sunday 5 July, Launch event – Welcome to Purfleet-on-Thames, High House Production Park, celebrating sustainable communities featuring a giant mandala made from produce, locally grown within a 15 mile radius of Purfleet (we really need produce for this, can you help?)
- Saturday 11 July, Grays – addressing plastic pollution in the River Thames. We are working with Thames 21 local volunteers to collect plastic items that will be transformed into a beautiful mandala.
- Sunday 12 July, Little Belhus Country Park – Working with Rural Arisings on the creation of a new insect habitat in a mandala made from recycled bricks, rubble and broken down ceramics.
- Saturday 18 July, Tilbury Beach – Claiming community space with a glistening mandala made from gems collected on the foreshore.
- Sunday 19 July, Shoeburyness Beach – A natural mandala of shells and pebbles with local communities coming together to celebrate diversity.
If you’d like to get involved, perhaps as a walk leader or steward, or even to help make mandalas, then please get in touch with Katie Beadle: email@example.com